Friday 1 June 2012

Making it through the week

My daughter is asleep and it is one of those moments I think I could do some housework, get dressed, empty the dishwasher but I chose to sit. It has been another long morning. This morning and the last few days have been really hard. Faith wakes distressed, crying so loud, sweating and when we are putting her to bed at night she is unwell too. We have times during the day when she is well, where she plays, chats, learns new things and enjoys life. It is one of those periods of her unwellness. The doctors know about these periods of sickness and there is currently nothing they can suggest or advise. I had hoped it wouldn't visit us just yet, I was hoping it was far away. But it is here and I there is no other choice but to keep on pushing through. It doesn't help that it is raining, makes it all the more harder. I don't know what is causing Faith to be unwell this time. It all seem to get worse after we gave her the Neocate Advance, but maybe it just set it off. Faith has such a sensitive tummy. Faith has been teething the last few days so I don't think that has helped. My only thought is that it is a tummy ache and it makes me think how I just want to start a blended diet as I know it will help.

My brain is at the point where it is full. At the moment there just seems so much to do. I have been researching a blended diet and I have enjoyed learning about it and reading the journey's of others. I read about so many success stories and it has been encouraging as I know we are doing the right thing. I ordered another book called Complete Tubefeeding and it looks very informative and helpful. I just have to wait for it to arrive from The Book Depository. I also ordered the Homemade Formula Handbook and Super Nutrition for Babies by Katherine-Erlich. I look forward to them all arriving soon. I am hoping that between them they will provide me with all the information I need to make decisions about Faith's diet and the best way to start a blended diet. Our current dietitian though very helpful isn't able to assist us with a blended diet as when I once mentioned it to her she said it is best she doesn't know that.

I have been printing out articles and information on a blended diet, tube feeding, general diet and I am storing it all in a folder so I have it right in front of me to read and make notes on. It will also be a useful resource when we go to appointments in Brisbane and elsewhere and I can take it and if I get professionals that are not that keen, would like to know more or don't think that we are doing the right thing I can show them my information and refer to it. I just want to be prepared to answer any questions about the blended diet and provide relevant information. As when I last brought the subject up at Faith's appointments it wasn't very well received. I was told that I should just concentrate on her eating food, but I said all the vomiting is stopping her from eating foods and growing. If we can stop the vomiting I do believe that in time she will be more interested in food again. I long for the days when she was so keen to eat so much breakfast, swallowing it all down with a demand for more. I miss those days. I know they will come back but it is such a tedious process.

I am excited that this blended diet could help Faith. We are hoping that a charitable organization will assist us in the purchase of the Vitamix Blender but in the mean time we have ordered one as we can be reimbursed for the amount. So I am very excited that shortly we will be receiving a Vitamix Blender. The company that is supplying us in Australia, Raw Blend were very helpful and they also gave us a medical discount on the purchase of the Vitamix 5200. So that was a wonderful help. So now, I just have to wait, I have to wait for the books to arrive, for the blender to arrive and then we can little by little start Faith on a blended diet...

No comments:

Post a Comment