Wednesday 30 May 2012

The Serenity Prayer

As I think of this time yesterday and how sick Faith was, I am so grateful for today. Yesterday I felt so overwhelmed and stretched and I was reminded of the Serenity Prayer and it encouraged me.  I know at times we would like our life slightly different and I know that I can make some changes but some aspects cannot be changed but I can find happiness and contentment in my life I just need to know where to look.


God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3: 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment