Tuesday 25 August 2015

Words can hurt, words can heal - The Huffington Post

The reason I write is in the hope that I can somehow help others and connect with people. So I am always happy when I can share my stories outside my blog.

Today, The Huffington Post is sharing my story on Words can hurt, words can heal, please feel free to share my story!

Thanks again for stopping by and feel free to comment, I'd love to hear from you!

Words hurt, they come back at me when I am tired, depressed, sleep deprived or struggling with a hard, long day. Those days that you feel it is impossible to continue but you do and wonder how on earth it was possible. The guilt I feel that I could have done something to prevent my daughter’s disabilities or my son’s minor health challenge (now fixed) haunt me. I would do anything to fix either challenges and I do. It is late at night the words sneakily return and disable reasoned thinking.  The ceiling becoming a notice board for my thoughts all pushing for my attention. “Could I have done more?” Then, I tell myself “don’t torture yourself” but I still do over and over again. Continue reading







No comments:

Post a Comment